Form 8822-B

Posted on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Starting January 1, 2014, taxpayers are required to use Form 8822-B, Change of Address or Responsible Party – Business, to notify the Internal Revenue Service of a change of address or the identity of a responsible party.  There is a special box at the top of the form for tax-exempt organizations to check.  The form should be filed within 60 days of the change; however, there is no mention of penalties for late filing.  According to the instructions for Form 8822-B, it generally takes 4 to 6 weeks to process the change by the IRS. 

Form 8822-B can be obtained from the IRS website here.

Posted by: Carrie Minnich, CPA

Posted in Mission Minded Nonprofits

Disclaimer: The information contained in Dulin, Ward & DeWald’s blog is provided for general educational purposes only and should not be construed as financial or legal advice on any subject matter. Before taking any action based on this information, we strongly encourage you to consult competent legal, accounting or other professional advice about your specific situation. Questions on blog posts may be submitted to your DWD representative.

"Bruner Dental has been with DWD for well over 15 years. The entire team at DWD has been helpful in many ways. From simple questions day to day, to audits, payroll needs, and much more; they…"

Rondell Nelson

Bruner Dental