Nonprofit Forms

Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Ever wonder where you can find the form you need for your nonprofit organization?  Below is a listing of common forms for Indiana nonprofits that can be obtained over the internet. 

Starting Up Your Organization

Internal Revenue Service

Form SS-4, Application for Employer Identification Number

Form 1023, Application for Recognition of Exemption Under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code

Indiana Secretary of State

Articles of Incorporation for a Nonprofit Corporation

Articles of Amendment to the Articles of Incorporation (Nonprofit)

Indiana Department of Revenue

BT-1, Business Tax Application

NP-20A, Nonprofit Application for Sales Tax Exemption

Form ST-105, General Sales Tax Exemption Certificate

Annual Filings

Internal Revenue Service

Form 990, Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax

Form 990-EZ, Short Form Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax

Form 990-PF, Return of Private Foundation

Form 990-N, Electronic Notice (e-Postcard) For Tax-Exempt Organizations Not Required to File Form 990 or 990-EZ (must be filed online)

Form 990-T, Exempt Organization Business Income Tax Return

Form 8868, Extension of Time to File an Exempt Organization Return

Form 8282, Donee Information Return

Form 5768, Election/Revocation of Election by an Eligible Section 501(c)(3) Organization to Make Expenditures to Influence Legislation

Indiana Department of Revenue

Form NP-20, Indiana Nonprofit Organization’s Annual Report

Form IT-20NP, Indiana Nonprofit Organization Unrelated Business Income Tax Return

Indiana Secretary of State

Indiana Business Entity Report

Payroll and Related Forms

Internal Revenue Service

Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate

Form 941, Employer’s Quarterly Federal Tax Return

Form 944, Employer’s Annual Federal tax Return

Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement

Form W-3, Transmittal of Wage and Tax Statements

Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income

Form 1096, Annual Summary and Transmittal of U.S. Information Returns

Indiana Department of Revenue

Form WH-4, Employee’s Withholding Exemption and County Status Certificate

Form WH-1, Indiana Withholding Tax Return (must be filed through INTax)

Form WH-3, Annual Withholding Tax Form

Form WH-18, Indiana Miscellaneous Withholding Tax Statements for Nonresidents

Indiana Department of Workforce Development

Form UC1-S, Quarterly Contribution Report

Form UC-5A, Quarterly Payroll Report

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification

Posted by: Carrie Minnich, CPA

Posted in Mission Minded Nonprofits

Disclaimer: The information contained in Dulin, Ward & DeWald’s blog is provided for general educational purposes only and should not be construed as financial or legal advice on any subject matter. Before taking any action based on this information, we strongly encourage you to consult competent legal, accounting or other professional advice about your specific situation. Questions on blog posts may be submitted to your DWD representative.

"Bruner Dental has been with DWD for well over 15 years. The entire team at DWD has been helpful in many ways. From simple questions day to day, to audits, payroll needs, and much more; they…"

Rondell Nelson

Bruner Dental