Reporting Foreign Investment By June 30

Posted on Friday, June 01, 2012

If you have foreign bank, savings, or investment accounts that exceeded $10,000 in 2011, you are required to file "Treasury Department Form 90-22.1" by June 30, 2012. This is not a form that you file with your income tax return. Rather, it is a separate form filed with the Treasury Department in Detroit. The report must be received by the Treasury Department, not postmarked, by the June 30 due date. Penalties for failing to meet this filing requirement are severe and can include jail time. Contact our office for details or filing assistance.

Posted in Tax And Accounting Topics For Business

Disclaimer: The information contained in Dulin, Ward & DeWald’s blog is provided for general educational purposes only and should not be construed as financial or legal advice on any subject matter. Before taking any action based on this information, we strongly encourage you to consult competent legal, accounting or other professional advice about your specific situation. Questions on blog posts may be submitted to your DWD representative.

"Bruner Dental has been with DWD for well over 15 years. The entire team at DWD has been helpful in many ways. From simple questions day to day, to audits, payroll needs, and much more; they…"

Rondell Nelson

Bruner Dental