Search Results

Viewing Search Results for ''

Updated Overtime Rules

The U.S. Department of Labor announced an update to the Fair Labor Standards Act’s (FLSA) minimum wage and overtime pay requirements that are effective January 1, 2020.  Changes include the…

Read More

Year-End Strategies To Reduce AGI

Reducing your current-year adjusted gross income (AGI) is usually a tax-smart idea. Here are ten ways to reduce your AGI (and modified AGI) over the short and long run. Closeup on AGI AGI…

Read More

New Overtime Pay Rules Finalized For 2020

The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has issued the long-anticipated final version of its overtime eligibility rules. The changes will take effect on January 1, 2020. As a result, the DOL…

Read More

Filing an Amended Return

A nonprofit may discover that its previously filed Form 990 was incorrect.  This may be due to a bookkeeping error, an oversight, or for some other reason.  When this occurs, the organization…

Read More

A Dozen IT Security Tips

Nonprofits collect a lot of data (donor information, mailing lists, board meeting minutes, client information, etc.), a majority, of which is received or maintained electronically.  It is…

Read More

Another Massive Data Breach: How to Help Protect Yourself

The news of another massive online data breach may make you feel powerless to safeguard your financial privacy. But you can take some concrete steps to protect yourself in the aftermath of…

Read More

Impact of Taxpayer First Act on Exempt Organizations

The Taxpayer First Act was signed into law on July 1, 2019 and makes changes to the management and oversight of the IRS.  There are two significant items included in the Act that relate to…

Read More

Tax Strategies

Good things come to those who wait. Older taxpayers may be entitled to some age-based tax breaks. Here are the details. Catch-Up Contributions to Retirement Accounts Avoiding the Estate Tax…

Read More

Board Quorum

Does your organization ever have issues meeting quorum?  Do your board members understand the importance of having quorum? Quorum is the minimum number of board members that must be in…

Read More

Internal Controls for Payroll

Internal controls are important for any nonprofit.  Even small organizations with limited accounting staff should have some controls in place.  Controls not only help prevent the misuse of…

Read More

"Bruner Dental has been with DWD for well over 15 years. The entire team at DWD has been helpful in many ways. From simple questions day to day, to audits, payroll needs, and much more; they…"

Rondell Nelson

Bruner Dental